frequently asked questions
- Visit silverbacklab.com on any device
- Navigate to the item of interest
- Locate “Find a retailer” on the product page
- Select “Find in retailer”
- Search by text or map to find out where your nearest dealer is located and by clicking at “direction” you will be able to get the driving or walking directions in Google Maps
- View a list or map view of all the stores
- You can contact the dealer of your choice in order to find out if the product is available in store or place an order directly with a dealer.
You can buy Silverback gear at our Gearshop at: https://gearshop.silverbacklab.com/
We carry a wide selection replacement frame parts on our gearshop. All other parts can be ordered from your local bike shop.
The most accurate way to get the weight of your bike, in your specific size is to go your local bike shop and let them weigh it for you. Weights displayed on the site are for a single size (normally a Medium bike) only.
Yes, we have an innovative ordering system, that allows you to order online and then collect your order from your local bike store. Select & Collect is available in most countries.
We would love to hear from you! Please send us your feedback HERE.
Pricing displayed on our site include the valid VAT % of the country of the customer.
Warranties vary depending on the frame material, parts etc. Read our full warranty T’s & C’s HERE.
- If you have purchased your bicycle from a Silverback dealer, contact the dealer and have them submit a warranty claim
- Otherwise email to email@example.com along with images of the damaged part, serial number and original invoice
Please enter your email address into the “Sign up for our newsletter” form located in the footer of each web page on the Silverbacklab website.
Naturally, this depends on the frequency you use your e-bike and how you take care of it. It also depends on the battery brand your bike is fitted with. Rule of thumb is 1000 full cycled charges, that is about 45 000km at boost setting (maximum assist).
There are a couple of electric bike motors on the market that recharges when you are using the brake but this only really extends your range by 5%. Currently, none of our bikes is fitted with a recharging motor.
This depends on a couple of factors, how you ride, the terrain you are riding as well as the level of assist you ride in. On average you should be able to do between 40km to 95km on a single charge.
Yes, it will be a normal bicycle once the battery is removed or switched off.
This differs depending on the brand of the drive system your bike is fitted with.
- The Shimano system is sealed and has no serviceable parts.
- The Bafang service light comes on every 5000km, this is generally when the system should be serviced. This service is very basic and includes things such as new grease and cleaning out the system.
Washing an e-bike requires a little bit more care than other bikes.
- No high-pressure water or direct stream of water should be used on your e-bike, as both will force water into any crevasses. Using a bucket of water with a cloth is more than enough to clean.
- Avoid using silicone spray / anti-corrosion spray, it may seep into some components and eventually interfere with the electronics.
*Neither the Bafang or Shimano is waterproof so don’t go swimming with your e-bike.
Lithium-Ion does not suffer from the ‘memory effect’ so charging your battery before it is flat will not affect its longevity. It is better to charge the battery after every ride regardless of whether it is depleted or not since lithium-ion batteries will last longer if not fully cycled regularly.
If you pick up any issues with your motor, display or battery, you should take it back to your dealer, the same as with any other issues. Your dealer will asses the problem and submit a warranty claim if necessary.