- The goal is blood sugar control and performance.
- Know how your medication works and how they will impact your exercise.
- Pay attention to your insulin, for both type 1 and type 2.
- Be Responsible: Whenever you go out for a ride, you must have a blood glucose meter and glucose tabs with you.
- Track your trends and write down what you do. Record keeping is no fun but by writing down your insulin/medication, what you eat and at what time, and what your blood sugars were doing, how long you rode, what were the conditions and how did you feel that day, you will be able to identify patterns and know what works and what didn’t.
Lastly, Hydration or body water plays many critical roles when it comes to diabetes and exercising. Take control.
Find your bike: CLICK HERE