THE WARRANTY FORM
Download a PDF version of the Silverback Warranty (PDF – 135KB)
We value your input and wish you many happy hours on your Silverback bicycle.
Silverback Technologies offers a warranty policy to all alloy frame sets as well as our carbon aero technology frame sets (CAT), on both road and mountain bikes, subject to stated and listed conditions and guidelines
Silverback bikes are sold exclusively through our network of authorized dealers only
- Ovaltech alloy – Limited lifetime warranty
- Generation Frame Technology – Limited lifetime warranty
- CAT/Carbon frames – 3 Years
- Mercury Frames / BMX Frames – 3 Years (Excl Suspension Forks)
- Paintwork and Decals – The paintwork and decals are warranted for one year.
- Original Parts – All original parts on the bicycle are warranted for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- Original parts – In the case of wear and tear parts, only three months warranty applies, unless otherwise specified by original manufacturer.
- Suspension forks (Front & Rear) – These shall be covered by the stated warranty of their original manufacturers.
- This warranty is against defects in materials and workmanship in the bicycle frame and is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective frame, fork or defective part and is sole remedy of the warranty.
- This warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferable and extends from the date of purchase.
- Claims must be made through an authorized Silverback dealer and proof of purchase is required.
- The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, improper assembly or follow-up maintenance, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold, damage or failure due to accident, misuse or neglect, or modification of frame, fork or components.
- This warranty does not apply where a Silverback bicycle has been modified in any way from its original specifications.
- Register warranty online – www.silverbacklab.com
- This warranty applies only to bicycles that are assembled by an authorised dealer. Please note this warranty does NOT cover any bicycle that is assembled by a consumer.
- Please refer to your owner’s manual regarding the use of your bicycle.
- Do not attempt to duplicate any stunts that are beyond your capabilities.
- Always wear the appropriate safety gear.
- Silverback Technologies shall not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages.
- Silverback Technologies reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, in color, materials, equipment, specifications, prices and models.
- All Rights Reserved. “Silverback” is a registered trademark of Silverback Technologies.
CARBON AERO TECHNOLOGY (CAT)
Silverback Carbon Frames are engineered to withstand high stress, fatigue and peak performance In the event of localized damage due to a crash or accident, Silverback encourages a replacement as the damage can affect the strength of the frame.
Silverback provides a replacement program valid for 2 years from date of purchase, for the original owner, providing the consumer a frame at a reduced price.
- Damage to carbon products can be difficult to visually identify.
- It is the responsibility of the dealer to inspect frame and report to Silverback Technologies.
- Any external surface damage like dents, chips, factures, gouges and fraying could be an indication of damage to the composite structure.
- Please refer to dealer for inspection.
- Improper tightening or over-torquing of clamps, bolts, front derailleur’s to frames, seatposts, stems and cages can result to damage and reduce strength. In this instance, warranty policy does not apply.
Dealers have to adhere to and conform to the following:
Torque Specification for carbon frame sets – Seat Clamp: 90kg – CM
Front Derailleur – 60kg – CM