Our online and Social media Subscription service allows any company that uses it (our customers and Silverback itself) to create and share marketing, sales and customer service content. The Subscription service can also be used to help organize sales data about a company’s sales data such as leads, customers, deals, etc. The information added to the Subscription form, either by site visitors providing their contact information or when a Subscription service user adds the information, is stored and managed on our service providers’ servers. This information is then used to contact visitors about their interest our company's goods or services and interact with the company. Silverback provides the subscription services to our customers for their own marketing, lead generation, and customer service needs, and we use it to meet Silverback’s related needs.
Use by Silverback
This refers to credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers or similar personal identifiers, racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health condition or information, or other employment, financial or health information.
Visiting our domains silverbacklab.com & silverbacklab.de
You are free to explore the Websites without providing any personal information about yourself. When you visit the Websites or use the contact forms, subscription forms, registration forms and career application forms, we request that you provide personal information about yourself, and we collect statistical data from IP visitors per country.
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, linkedin, Twitter and Google.
Personal information also includes payment information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Payment information includes we collect and process payment information from you when you subscribe to the Subscription Service, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect sensitive information from you.
When you use our services our view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Silverback to provide general statistics regarding use of the Silverback Website.
Information collected from third parties
Silverback may receive personal information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media websites.
The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information. We do however offer an ambassador application form on our domain “careers.silverbacklab.com”, which is open to persons of any age. The use of that information assists in sourcing and placing candidates suitable for that role.
We will never sell your Personal information to any third party.
Use of Personal Information
- send information or Silverback content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
We use the information collected through our subscription service by our customers for the following purposes:
- to respond to customer support requests; and
- Otherwise to fulfill the obligations under the Silverback Customer Terms of Service.
Legal basis for processing Personal information (EEA visitors only)
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
We post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial. The customer also has the ability to register as a user on the silverbacklab.com, silverbacklab.de domains, which pertain to the same usage of information prior to giving consent.
Use of Credit Card Information
If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf. We will store records for accounting purposes, tax data and general financial administration purposes.
Security of your Personal Information
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal information is protected using the latest encryption methods available utilizing MySQL database procedures and shcema.org guidelines.
Social Media Features
Storing Information / Data Collected
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. As described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete your information.
We keep Personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing business practices that involve you and our partners.
When we have no ongoing business need to process your personal information, we securely delete the information. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request via our unsubscribe links or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have chosen to receive specific marketing communications from us, we keep information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last conveyed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
- We may save and process any data relating to the Customer, to the extent necessary for the purpose of the execution and implementation of the sales contract and as long as we are required to keep such data in accordance with applicable law.
- Personal data is only collected when you provide such data voluntarily when placing an order, opening a customer account or registering for our newsletter. Your data will only be used without your express permission for processing your order and for distributing our catalogues/mailings. When you register for our newsletter, we will use your e-mail address for advertising purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
- We will store your personal information insofar as is necessary for conducting business and to the extent permitted under the German Federal Data Protection Act (Section 28).
- We shall not be permitted to collect, submit to any third party or otherwise process personal data of the Customer for any purpose other than communicating directly with the consumer.
- You can opt-out of data collection by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
- Further information can be found under https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html(Google Analytics Terms of Service & Privacy). Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by 'gat._anonymizeIp();' to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
- We also use Google Analytics to evaluate data from AdWords and from the double-click cookie for statistical purposes. Should you not wish this, you can deactivate it via Google’s ads preferences manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en).
- Silverback uses Facebook social plugins to create a more social experience. Among others, we use the LIKE button. This is an offer provided by the American company Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA).
- When you visit a page of silverbacklab.com that contains a plugin, your browser establishes a connection to Facebook and the content is loaded by Facebook. It may therefore be possible for Facebook to track your visit if you have a Facebook account or have already visited a page with Facebook social plugins. Facebook also gathers information about you directly when you use such a social plugin (for example by clicking the LIKE button). This is necessary so that the information can be shared with your friends. Silverback has no influence over the content of the plugin and the transfer of information to Facebook.
- You can prevent Facebook from collecting information about you during your visit to silverbacklab.com by logging out of Facebook and deleting any cookies. (You will find more information about cookies here.)
- Our website uses the “+1” button of the Google Plus social network, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). This button is identified by a “+1” sign on a white or coloured background.
- If you open a page of our website that contains such a button, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Google's servers. The contents of the '+1' button are transmitted from Google directly to your browser and integrated into the website. We do not have any influence over the amount of data collected by Google via this button, but we assume that your IP address is stored.
- If you are a member of Google Plus and you do not want Google to collect information about you on our internet site and to link this with your membership data stored by Google, you must log out of Google Plus before visiting our website.
- Under the Federal Data Protection Act, you have a right of free access to your stored data, as well as the right to correct, block, or delete such data if necessary.
- You will only receive e-mail newsletters if you have requested these in advance. You may subscribe to or cancel our newsletter at any time by telephone, in writing or in the My Account section of silverbacklab.com.
- It is likely that you gave the following consent when you opened your customer account. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you have questions concerning the collection, processing or use of your personal data, or if you want to provide information, correct, block, delete data or revoke consent, please contact us via email: email@example.com
- This website contains external links (hyperlinks) to third party websites. For the contents of these linked websites, the respective operators are responsible exclusively. Before setting the links, Silverback has checked all external pages for illegal contents. However, Silverback has no influence on the contents of these external pages and is explicitly not liable for them. Silverback checks the content of linked websites regularly and will promptly remove links to websites that contain infringing content.